INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- You provide us information about yourself – Your Full Name, Card Information, Address, email address. If you correspond with us by e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our responses. Additionally, we store information about users’ contacts when users manually enter contact e-mail addresses or transfer contact information from other online social networks. We also collect general information about your use of our services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES:
- When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: If you choose to post messages on our message boards, online/ offline chats or other message areas or leave feedback for other users, we retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Website, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the Website you viewed before navigating to our Website.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) and mobile network information.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect information about the location of your device to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services, determine the speed at which your device is traveling, add location-based filters (such as local weather), and for any other purposes.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. A “cookie” is a small data file transferred to your computer’s hard drive that allows a Website to respond to you as an individual, gathering and remembering information about your preferences in order to tailor its operation to your needs, likes and dislikes. Overall, cookies are safe, as they only identify your computer to customize your Web experience. Accepting a cookie does not provide us access to your computer or any Personally Identifiable Information about you, other than the information you choose to share. Other servers cannot read them, nor can they be used to deliver a virus. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually adjust yours (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) to notify you of cookie placement requests, refuse certain cookies, or decline cookies completely. If you turn off cookies completely, there may be some Website features that will not be available to you, and some Web pages may not display properly. To support the personalized features of our Website (such as your country and language codes and browsing functions) we must send a cookie to your computer’s hard drive and/or use cookie-based authentication to identify you as a registered Website user. We do not, however, use so-called “surveillance” cookies that track your activity elsewhere on the Web. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”).
- “Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Services from time to time for this and other purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
- We use the personal information we collect to fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- By providing us your e-mail address, you consent to us using the e-mail address to send you our Website and services related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send notifications of activity on our Website to the e-mail address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your e-mail address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to our features, new services, events or other information. If you do not want to receive optional e-mail messages, you may modify your settings to opt out.
- Our settings may also allow you to adjust your communications preferences. If you do not wish to receive promotional email messages from us, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional emails from us about our Services.
- Following termination or deactivation of your services, we shall be under an obligation to delete all your personal information if you notify the same to us through email with subject as “Personal Information Removal” at [email protected].
- Removing any content or messages:
- At our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, we reserve the right to remove any content or messages, if we believe that such action is necessary:
- To conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities;
- To enforce this policy, to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our Website; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Website, our users, or others.
- At our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, we reserve the right to remove any content or messages, if we believe that such action is necessary:
- Business Providers; Unaffiliated Businesses:
- Third Party Service Providers:
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes. In addition, we may provide non-personally-identifiable information to advertisers and other third parties for their use in marketing efforts for us, themselves, or others. If you are not interested in receiving targeted advertisements or other marketing information or materials as a result of such efforts, you may adjust the settings on your mobile devices to prevent the use of your non-personally-identifiable information in this manner.
- Third Party Promotions:
- We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses. If you prefer not to be contacted by any such business with whom we share your personally identifiable information, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party. In addition, you may opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with such businesses by following the instructions on our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
- In-House Promotions:
- We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information in connection with our Services, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive in connection with our Services or by following the instructions in our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Unsubscribe Requests”.
- Business Transfers:
- Protection of Our Services and Others:
- We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Cultured Brilliance, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent:
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personally identifiable information about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
- User Data
- We may transmit the user data across the various Websites of the Company.
- User Submissions:
- If you participate in any online forum/communities, chat sessions and/or blogs, or otherwise post in any user comment field visible to other users of our Services, any information that you submit or post will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Services. We are not responsible for any information, including personally identifiable information, you choose to submit in any such user comment field.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
- We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your data with our services providers who process your personal information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for other purposes.
- WE CAN (AND YOU AUTHORIZE US TO) DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO LAW ENFORCEMENT, OTHER GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, ANY LAWSUIT OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY THAT WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, BELIEVE NECESSARY OR WEBSITE APPROPRIATE IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION OF FRAUD, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, OR OTHER ACTIVITY THAT IS ILLEGAL OR MAY EXPOSE US, OR YOU, TO LIABILITY.
ENSURING INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE
- We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Information we Collect, Use and Disclose is complete, relevant and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your Personal Information; and
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your Personal Information such as your name or address.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
- We are very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
- By using this Website or the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this Website or Services.
- We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. Your sensitive information, such as credit card information, debit card information is encrypted when it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wi-fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property. However, nothing in this Policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party, including a government’s request to disclose your information.
- However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section available on our Website.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Some of the data that you provide us will fall within what EU data protection law describes as ‘special categories of personal data’, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or information concerning your health or sexual orientation.
- We use this information in the same way we use all the other information we collect, but the law requires that we have your explicit consent to collect and use it.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Cultured Brilliance is committed to the lawful, fair and transparent use of personal data. For every use of your personal data we have described so far, we process your personal data on the grounds that our processing is necessary for legitimate interests we pursue as a business, namely that our business relies entirely on the ability to use your personal data to produce research and insight for our clients.
- If you have any questions about the grounds under which we process your personal data, or would like to find out more about the approach we take to determine that these grounds apply, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
At this time, Cultured Brilliance only conducts business in the continental United States of America plus Alaska and Hawaii.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- If you are a customer in California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from Brilliant Earth regarding the manner in which Brilliant Earth shares certain categories of personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” with third parties and/or affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes. To receive this information, send us a request at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Brilliant Earth may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
- Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION:
- You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case, we will not be able to provide our services to you
Our services are available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract with us as per the applicable laws. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Thus, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information for listing any service.
MERGER AND ACQUISITIONS:
In case of a merger or acquisition, we reserve the right to transfer all the information, including personally identifiable information, stored with us to the new entity or company thus formed. Any change in the Website’s policies and standing will be notified to you through email.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITE:
Our website contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
OPTING OUT OF INFORMATION SHARING:
- We understand and respect that not all users may want to allow us to share their information with other select users or companies. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us through the Contact Us page, and we will remove your name from lists we share with other users or companies as soon as reasonably practicable or you can also click on unsubscribe. When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. In case you do not want your name to be displayed on the Website, you may opt for the same by choosing a Username other than your original name when creating an account with us.
- However, under the following circumstances, we may still be required to share your personal information:
- If we respond to court orders or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to restrict or inhibit any user from using any of our Website, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion thereof.
You understand that when using the Platform, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content and you agree and assume all liability for your use. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, defamatory or libelous and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect thereto. If you find any content to be libelous, objectionable, defamatory, and indecent or infringing your Intellectual Property Rights, you may contact us directly through “Contact Us” page and we shall take appropriate action to remove such content from the Website.
PHISHING OR FALSE EMAILS:
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at [email protected] if you get an email like this.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, SERVICES, AD SERVERS AND SPONSORS
The policy constitutes a part of the user terms. We have taken utmost care to avoid any inconsistency or conflict of this policy with any other terms, agreements or guidelines available on our Website. In case there exists a conflict, we request you to kindly contact us for the final provision and interpretation.